Whalepool as a community seeks not just to provide platforms for traders to gather and exchange ideas on, but also to educate and welcome new traders to the scene.
General rulesGeneral rules where you maybe set to read only or banned.
- You MUST have a profile picture.
- DO NOT post any spam or referal links.
- DO NOT post old news, duplicate post news, crappy gifs, excessive gifs, crappy stickers, or excessive stickers. Stickers & gifs provide little value to users so their use should be sparse & selected.
- DO NOT post fud, unsubstatiated claims, if you’re questioned to cite evidence, please provide some.
- If you have a low IQ, you will be restricted. We do not want low quality, ‘when moon’, ‘when lambo’ comments.
- If your comments are off topic (music videos, trump articles), you will be restricted.
- If you’re a newb and asking newb questions, this is the wrong chat
Room specific rules
In whalepool (@whalepoolbtc) new users are restricted to read only for 2 weeks. - Whalepool content is about mostly bitcoin & very top tier alts, ie; ETH. Any mention of random altcoins will result in your account being restricted to read only or maybe banned.
In whalepooldojo (@whalepooldojo all new users are restricted to read only forever - Until you’ve proven yourself by showing you can make consistent profitable trades with large sums of money.
In Whalepools women (@whalepoolwomen, all users are set to read only until you’re account is verified as female. Message the @whalepoolwomen modes to verify.
In shitpool (@shitpool all users have read write permissions from day 1.
In your telegram privacy & security settings:
- Set voice calls to nobody or contacts
- Set groups to nobody or contacts
- Set peer to peer to nobody
These settings protect your ip which is otherwise easily accessible to attackers by simply trying to call you.
Otherwise a person can get your ip by trying to call you.
There are fake Natalia, Swapman, Flibbr profiles going around messaging people, always verify you are talking to a ligitimate staff member by the "admin" tag in the main room.
Please remember no one from whalepool will ever solicit you for money.
If you are contacted by scammers/spammers, ignore the message and hit “report as spam” and forward it to main chat so that we can ban the user.
Please remember no one from whalepool will ever solicit you for money. It is fake, and a scam.
Ignore the message and hit “report as spam” and forward it to main chat so that we can ban user. Fake mods messaging users, always doublecheck the username. No mods will ask you to download anything or ask for your money.